The bilingual alternative to your current newsfeed

Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy 2005

I don't know your opinion about the year that is about to finish, but I find I has been a bad year. I hope 2005 doesn't bring us any of these:

- Earthquakes like those in Iran and South east Asia
- Floodings and revolts in places like Haiti
- Invasions of sovereign countries (aka Iraq)
- Genocides we have almost no news about (aka Congo)
- Reelection of politicians that have rendered to put the rest of the World under a great risk (there's no need to say who am I talking about)
- Terrorist attacks that kill hundreds of innocents (remember Beslan, Madrid, asablanca, ...)
- State terrorist attacks that kill hundreds of people (remember Fallujah, Colombia, Palestine, ...)

I could continue with the list, but I don't want to be sad in a day that should be happy for everybody.

Best wishes for all of you, specially for those that are far from home and helping others as only you can do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aleksu said...

The last week of 2004 brought a heavy dose of reality, I think I will join those Germans about to cancel out their New Year's celebrations to donate the money to the victims.

We need 2005 to arrive with good news, and pronto!

3:29 PM

 
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVS said...

Hi, I came here via Blex's site. Cool site! I like the Babel link the best. Happy New Year's to you!

CAROLVS

8:23 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Also came through Blex's blog. Enjoyed your blog!!

9:08 PM

 
Blogger pri said...

You are all welcome here and I'm glad to read that you like the blog.

Comments like this one are the bes things one can read one hour and fourty five minutes before changing the calendar.

10:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

·
milf big naturals cumfiesta mike's apartment