The bilingual alternative to your current newsfeed

Friday, October 08, 2004

Bush as a mediatic icon
I doubt Yahoo Groups publicity (you know, the 'Do you Yahoo?' one) gathered as many people in groups as GWB has done. Let me explain.

Doing a search in any search engine for the words 'against Bush' give out more than half a million results, which are, in most cases groups of people that have joined to express their disagreement against the current US president and ask voters not to reelect him.

If you take five minutes of your time and randomly browse some of the results you conclude that it's impossible to clasify them as democrats or republicans (they call themselves Republicans against stupidity), they can be women, babes, erotic models, a group of knitters or children that cannot vote yet.

After reading some of these comments I get the idea that not only Americans are against Bush but most of the World is and, among them, some people named Bush too.

But probably, the most important anti-bush movements that have grown on the World Wide Web are the ones related to music like Rock against Bush, bands against Bush or Musicians to Oust Bush.

It's curious that a similar search for 'against kerry' only gives out a hundred thousand results that are reduced to catholics and veterans asociations against Kerry.

2 Comments:

Blogger pri said...

Correct me if I'm wrong but, weren't all the former US presidents only senators of a state before?

Anyways, I don't think Kerry is going to backstab anyone from the back and I don't think Bush is gonna do it either as both of them were vets. In fact I don't really see a clear difference between them although something inside me tells me that the US needs a change at the Whitehouse.

3:51 AM

 
Blogger Benjamin Solah said...

I agree, my blog frequently against Bush and his racist and supremist style of misguidunlgy running the most powerful country in the world, and it effects the world because other heads of states, (such as my own John Howard) are puppets to his ways.

9:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

·
milf big naturals cumfiesta mike's apartment