The bilingual alternative to your current newsfeed

Friday, September 02, 2005

So far, so near
Although I've been reading and watching the news about Katrina's hurricane, I had the movie-like image the news are showing (aerial photographs, military and police trucks and helicopters rescuing people, ...) and I didn't realize how bad were thing going there.... until a few hours ago.

I got a phone call from a friend who was "stored" (that's the word he used) without protection, water, food or medical services in a convention center with some other thousands of people. We couldn't talk me a lot in the 1'23'' the call lasted, but it allowed me to see what's happening there under another perspective.

After the call I digged the network for more information but I was kinda surprised of the lack of information and the few news sources I could find considering this catastrophe is happening in a First World country like the USA. I don't believe news agencies don't have interest or money to cover this news so I have to ask myself if they are using some kind of selfcensorship like they did on 9-11.

Sometimes a call can force you to open your eyes and see what it's really happening out there.

Flickr gallery of the disaster - here.
Also published: here

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...


Free online car insurance quotes. More than auto insurance, get quotes for motorcycle insurance, ATV, RV, homeowners, renters, condo, mobile home, flood

LowestMedicalinsurance.com

1:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Massachusetts Lawyers - Attorneys, Bankruptcy, Personal Injury Welcome to MassLawyers.com. We are your free directory of Massachusetts Lawyers & Attorneys who provide free or paid consultations to local residents in ...
www.masslawyers.com

7:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

·
milf big naturals cumfiesta mike's apartment