The bilingual alternative to your current newsfeed

Friday, October 29, 2004

Help, someone poisoned me
Let me start with the symptoms: nausea, stomach ache, bad taste and hyper salivation. At least I haven't puked yet.

A few hours ago I went out with some friends, in about three hours we drunk two litres of kalimotxo while eating some supper (it has similar alcoholc like beer) in common (that means that I drank around half a litre in those three hours). I explain this trying to avoid comments saying that I'm drunk.
After that we went to a pub after all that and my mate went to the waitress to get the drinks. I had, as usual, a Tanqueray with Kas citron (Tanqueray is a brand of gin and Kas is a lemmon taste soft drink from Pepsi). I was a bit surprised when I got my drink as it was slightly orange and my gin is transparent and Kas is clear yellow, so, as I saw the waitress pour the 'gin' from the distance, I thought the waitress served me orange Kas instead of citron, the problem came when I tasted it. I am sure it was not Tanqueray or any other gin I've ever drunk, it didn't taste like rum, whisky, vodka, tequila, martini or any other spirit I know. It just tasted and smelled strange, but not bad. I could feel the alcohol effluvia when drinking it, but I couldn't recognise it.

We didn't stay too much in the pub and a few minutes after leaving I began with the symptoms described above. I inmediatly knew what happened: I had been poisoned. They didn't use rat poison or cianide, but some spirit they used to refill the bottles. Unfortunately refilling bottles with cheaper spirit is quite common in some pubs and discos in Spain and it even has a name, 'garrafón', and many people suffer its effects each weekend.

I think I'm going to try to sleep a bit, if I can.
[Escuchando: sindrome de altamira - pedro guerra - bolsillos (2:49)]


Update: Thanks to all the people that have mailed me or post a comment about my health, I'll try to answer personally to each one. I'm ok and I'm sorry I didn't update the blog before, but I've spent most of the week resting a bit.
According to the mail you sent me, refilling spirit bottles is quite common in France and the UK too.

5 Comments:

Blogger aa said...

Do get well soon.

1:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! That's scary. Get well soon!

Iris

11:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

came here strangely searching for search engine positioning uk

to my suprise your here.

Good blog maybe you should add some search engine positioning uk stuff on it might top your rankings, also when u search for search engine positioning uk on this other search engine it dont show?

Maybe you should add it search engine positioning uk

search engine positioning uk

7:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I discuss this topic daily myself. I also have a website that talks about web hosting company for small business related things. Go check it out if you get a chance.

1:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog hope you dont mind me bookmarking you!

I have a weight loss recipe site. It pretty much covers weight loss recipe related stuff. have a look you can bookmark mine if you find it useful

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

-----------------------------------------------------

1:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

·
milf big naturals cumfiesta mike's apartment